Monday, February 2, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

Well, today was my first day back at work post-op. And man was it rough. Not so much the work part, but the pain part. When I woke up this morning, my knees hrt worse than any other day. And since I was headed back to work (for at least a half day) I knew I couldn't take one of my prescription pain pills unless I wanted my bodd to find me asleep and drueling on my excel spreadsheets. So, I decided to grin and bear it. Work itself was fine and I had PT at 1pm.

One of my friends, Suzanne, warned me that there would be these days after surgery. These days when you will be EXTREMELY emotional. That was today. It's the part of surgery no one tells you about. Oh, they tell you all about the procedure itself and the PT and painkillers, the rest, etc. But no one ever mentions anything about the emotional toll that it has on you. At PT, I was trying to do one of the exercises and my brain was sending the message to my leg to lift straight up, but nothing was happening. Let me tell you, that has got to be one of the most frustrating things in the world! It was almost as if I was willing my leg to move with just my mind! I broke down in tears. And for those of you who are very active and exercise alot, you cannot even imagine that feeling. I've never experienced it before, but I know I will never forget it. My physical therapist helped me work through the exercise and I am feeling a bit better now.

My appetite has still been lacking, but I'm going to force myself to eat something for dinner and I'll be back to give you all a recap! See you after dinner!

1 comment: