Monday, February 9, 2009

She's MIA!!!

No, no...I'm still here, it's just been a rough couple of days. Work has been INSANE and dealing with the surgery has been no picnic either. So here's the brief(est) recap I can give you:

*Thursday- PT with my awesome therapist Todd. Work- I found out I'm moving to a new department which is exciting and exhausting all at the same time! Exciting because I get to be in a new department with new people and new experiences. Exhausting because first I have to LEARN everything about that new depaartment. But the good definitely outweighs the bad so I'm looking forward to a new challenge.
*Friday- nothing exciting at all. More work, rest, icing the knee, rest, etc.
*Saturday was horrible! I slept for 12 HOURS Friday night and got up at nooon on Saturday which I never do! And yes, I know that I said that last weekend, but I really think this surgery is sucking all of the energy out of me. I'll spare you the details, but it started as a headache, progressed to mild nausea, and then a full-blown migraine which for me always results in getting sick. If you can imagine someone trying to kneel down on the floor with a knee that doesn't even bend 90 degrees...I'm sure it was a sight to see! I never got migraines until about a year ago and someone told me that they are stress/anxiety related. GRRRREAAAT. Not that I would argue with that. Last week could only be summed up as a stressful week.
*Sunday I had to get out of the house so I went to the movies and saw Last Chance Harvey. It was pretty good, except that I was in the theatre with about 10 elderly people(mostly couples) and one lady couldn't hear anything so she was repeating everything after the actors said it. I really wasn't annoyed, just more like...an echo :0

So here we are back to Monday. My camera needs a new battery, or needs the battery charged or something(did I mention I am technologically challenged?) so I have no pics of anything for you. My food has been nothing gourmet and nothing spectacular, so you really aren't missing anything. And another week rolls on.
I am thinking of starting a Crap Free Week a la Chandra. This is actually how I normally eat, but every since this surgery...welllll...can you say stress eating??? So I'm thinking committing to this challenge and posting it here will help me stay accountable. That is the point of the blog anyway! I'm off to see if I have everything to start my very own CFW tomorrow. Stay tuned...I'll be getting into dating and relationships a little bit later!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck with CFW!

    ReplyDelete